Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meet Pearl, My new car !


As long as I can remember I have wanted a cool VW Bus. So, after we sold our Yukon, I decided it was the perfect time. So, I searched through the web, craigs list, etc.... And low and behold I found her. Living in Salt Lake and a beauty in her own right. She is a 1969 with all original parts inside and out. I just fell in love with her at first sight. Her name is Pearl ! We have taken her to a few bike races this summer and Jeff along with Mitchell introduced her to the Father and Sons campout. They had a great time in her but when Mitchell went to climb in the hammock in the pop up, it tore through and he fell half way out before Jeff could catch him. What do you expect from a 40 year old hammock? We plan on taking her to as many bike races as we can and do some camping up in the canyon. She is a lot of fun to drive around town and we sure get a lot of peace signs and shakas thrown our way. She is not fast, that is for sure but who cares when you are driving a VW bus. When I told Jeffry that I bought her, he told me that my cool factor just went way up.....

No comments: